Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Raanjhana - Tum Tak

Hum khoon bahaye, tum aanso bahao, saali aashiqui na ho gayi, lathi charge hongaya. 

Kya dialogue hai bhai yeh. 

So I finally watched Raanjhana and I am not here to review movies. That's not my job, I'll leave that to Anupama Chopra  - that critic who is Vidhu Vinod Chopra's wife, ya, her husband made Munna Bhai MBBS, arre Sanju movie ussi ki toh thi. After all they make movies and review movies, family business, in product positioning it's called Brand Line extension. Let's not get Marketing here. Waise bhi, MBA in marketing, I am not, so let's just leave that to them and movie reviews to family run conglomerates, shall we? (Read the first comment here)

Back to my lyrical analysis of songs. 

Tum Tak
Meri har hoshiyaari bas tum tak
Meri har taiyari bas tum tak
Tum tak tum tak arzi meri
Phir aage jo marzi
Tum tak tum tak arzi meri
Phir teri jo marzi meri

Piya Milenge 
Jo hai dekha, wohi dekha tho kya dekha hai
Dekho woh, jo auron ne naa kabhi dekha hai

And the music is A.R Rehman - so the songs have to be good and some just pierce you. Think about it, the music is so good that 7 years later I still can't get the tune of Tum Tak off my head. Also, if I have to sum up the protagonist's character arc it can be defined as; everything that I do is just for your attention, everything I am is for your acceptance, in fact my existence is after your approval and the day that stops I will cease to exist and that's exactly what the movie is all about. I am smart yet I am dumb - contradictory? Exactly. (I know what I do) if asked about it to the famous stoic, Seneca, it'll will be termed, blasphemy - but then I am no stoic I am a Shakespearen romantic. A story and an ever recalled tragedy. Dhanush - you made it all come true with your powerful acting. 

The movie leaves no impact on me whatsoever but the songs do. The songs do. 
--------

Ishq main barbaad kaun nahi hota
Surkh lahu kis kis ka nahi behta
Aankhri saans bhi jab alvedi legi
Woh bhi tujhe, sirf tujhe aa milegi. 

(Spoiler: Not my feeling - agar film tumne dekhi hai toh woh last ka scene jab he spits out blood - that's what I am referring to
Watch this Scene for the final dialogue - which is powerful)

No comments:

Post a Comment