Friday, May 1, 2020

I survive ro Flourish

I survive to flourish.

Only 15% have received grains
Sir, you said no one will sleep hungry again.
Your silos are filled to the brim
Why then is the situation grim?

I survive to flourish

I migrated from the place of my birth
I migrated to flourish in the land of gold
I work for greener pastures
But sleep on streets and foothpaths.

I survive to flourish

Our wheat has rot
Our vegetables not been bought
You promised us, you'd buy from us
You promised us, no more money from money lenders

I survive to flourish

I had to walk back to my pind
I had to walk back to my gaao
I reached the lanes of my village now
Ah! I see, it looks beautiful now

I survived to flourish

For an education to my progeny
A TV for my mummy
A jhuma for my biwi
A lakdi ki kaathi for my chutki

I couldn't survive, I couldn't flourish.
I died right where my own beckoned.

No comments:

Post a Comment