Monday, May 4, 2020

Bhaunri/Paar Channa De

There is more than one way for the hearts to meet, sometimes they are twisting each other but inseparable.

Love doesn't fear anything, it doesn't even fear losing love itself.

-Bhaunri

Oh man, these lines, this quarantine no, it's messed with the way I have been thinking. Generally I am busy with life, I am busy with work and allot lesser of my time to ruminative thoughs but this lockdown has been the most unique.

I am trying to put thoughts to words and analyse these lines and I have come to realise most of my write ups have ended up becoming an extension of each other with a dark overtone and most are considered depressing, I am cognizant of it, so if you find that's such themes are not of your reading preference, drop off right here, may be you are not the target audience I am writing for.

The lines talk of love that's hurtful, love that's lost yet love exists, it's a tragedy in the making. It's like a part of you that's now lost forever and love is such and then you live with that status of existence. Losing love for the love of self preservation, I think.
The song Paar Channe De beautifully describes that situation.
Let me just highlight a few lines,

Soni -
Paar chanaan de disse kulli yaar di
Ghaṛiya ghaṛiya aa ve ghaṛiya
Raat haneri nadi ṭhaaṭhaan maardi
Aṛiye aṛiye haan ni aṛiye

Ghariya-
Kacchi meri miṭṭi kaccha mera naam ni
Haan main na-kaam ni.
Kacchiyaan te rakkhiye na umeed paar di
Adiye adiye haan ni adiye

Soni -
Vekh chhalla paindiya na chhaddin dil ve
Haan lai ke khillh ve
Ajj Mahiwaal noon main jaana mil ve
Haan aiho dil ve
Yaar nu milegi ajj laash yaar di.

Ok, these are not a few lines, infact quite a few. So bear with me.

This is the story of Soni - Mahiwal and that you can pick up as an after read. We'll not be getting into that story but more about why this song is beautifully tragic and one of my favourites too. I have a penchant for all things tragic. My brother says, a man would either die or kill you before he reaches the end of your play list. Back to what I am here for.

It's not about a warning from the Earthen Pot to the lady about the futility of love and relying on crumbling or shaky foundations to help you take forward a relationship of any form i.e. family, friends, lovers or anything.
But if you have to flip the perspective,
It can also be construed as grit - the determination to make it work inspite of crumbling foundations.

So which one is it?
There are always two sides of a coin, always where either will have extreme views of how things should be tackled.
This song here, the pot is looking at survival of a relationship by not crossing the river as it will not hold up against the currents of a raging river while the other doesn't pay heed, her love for him doesn't see the futility of the task, she is ok losing her love for love. Kind off sounds like a tongue twister now.

That's the thing with the two statements, you will have to take calls of separation and that'll cause you pain in the long run where you are inseparable, in my option it hurts worse than one's cavity ridden tooth. You'll lose love for love because sometimes that's the only logical step forward but then that love itself will cause you so much pain that whatever you do in life, it'll just keep rearing it's ugly head to remind you of it's eternal presence. Intertwined in love, inseparable yet staring at targic end.

Ah, the futility of it all. This entire blog too. Usage of the word Love has been overdone. I apologise. I didn't have fun reading it either, I hope you did. It's only here coz the effort I put in writing. I am Soni, I know it's a failure but I'll still go through, after all let's go all the way, might just survive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment