Sunday, August 11, 2019

God Speed

Look, how much you've grown
Oh, you've become a man of this day

Look, how far you've come
Oh,  carved a name for yourself today

How far off are you willing to go alone?
At godspeed, only a few places will be left unexplored

A state of estacy didn't kill nobody
Alone sometimes, can never be called a party

You may have a partner but I've seen what they are capable of
Oh how easy it was to put one down for a perfect take off

I've written things you were unwilling to listen
As they say all good things have a final run

I hope you reach the summit faster than a thunder bolt
But don't worry about the collateral damage until you are too old.

Words have a way to reach our ears
Once up there I hope you don't get to hear those

They'll be shrieks and cries and a lot of lies
But you'll sit on a throne you'll call it your right

I hope you travel at the speed of light
Godspeed son, in the end it's always a lonely fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment