Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Gori Chitti

Je tu gori chitti
Mae vi gabru jawaa 

Je tu photo te filter paave 
Ta mae vi tuade layi geet gaava

Je tu insta toh hatte 
Ta mai ve tik tok hai chadna 

Kol beh ke tuade mae
Baba Bulle Shah de bol nu pada 

Quran Karim de varkh ne chitte
Uthe likhi ve sihai kaali

Translation-

Thou be fair and lovely 
I too am a young boy

Filters on your photo
I too shall sing songs for you 

The day you quit insta
I too shall, Tik Tok. 

I'll then sit by your side 
And narrate the words or Baba Bulle Shah.

The Holy Quran may have white pages 
But the text on it is in black ink

(basically calling out our obsession with fair skin, while the Holy Quran itself is not obsessed with white, why are we then?)

Note: Couldn't verify if those lines were by Baba Bulleh Shah or someone else. Please correct me.

No comments:

Post a Comment