Wednesday, October 3, 2018

I'll Live

I quit everything, I put my trust in you and you've lost me now 

You've lost me for a simple reason, you've got the money 
I gave up my independence for your dreams that remained unfulfilled

I gave up my identity for I thought I'd be nurtured by you 
But you let me down, you've thrown me around

I am no slave to be beaten and bashed, no cattle to be whipped and thrashed 
I may be a soft heart but I am not one who gives up 

I am disappointed for you failed to fulfill your duties 
I am sad for you broke me from within just because you have the money and I don't

I'll pick up my pieces and I'll walk
I'll walk with crutches but I'll walk 
I'll run, may be not soon, but I'll run 
I'll sprint, I may not be a winner, but to the finish line I'll sprint.

I am not giving up so easy.
I will pick up the pieces and I will build a life.

It may take a couple of years but I strive to survive.
I hit my lowest ebb around this time last year and have not yet recovered. I guess I haven't learned from my mistakes.

I'll pick up the pieces and I'll build a life. I will. A promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment