Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Death

I am here, there and almost everywhere
Yet I am not acknowledged and am shunned from every place

Stoics/Sadhus are the only ones who acknowledge my presence
More of a facade, coz they tremble and my name make them lose all sense.

I've been assigned a role and diligent I am
No laurels no empathy only scorn and contempt.

I am Death and I am just a man on the job
I hustle to get things done and am always present for when Nature calls.

Been at it and will do so for eternities to come
Yet I do not enjoy what I see, but a job should be well done!

I've seen wars transforming green lands into black and red
I've seen towns out of a painting turn to rubble and dust

I've seen great men squirm and cry when I arrive
I've seen a child as brave as any, smile when his time has come

----
Have you ever seen the sky turn red?
Or the Sky turn orange or blue or gray or bloody red?

You marvel at such wonders
Then why blame Death, instead just surrender?

Life and Death are two sides of the same coin

Grandiose celebrations when life arrives
While
Mourning and Sadness when death arrives?
----
Let me tell you a little about myself,
----
I am the finish line of the race you began
With the stop watch in Life's Hands

I am the one with a heart
For what I witness is not for the faintest of hearts

I am overworked, for I am on call 24/7
I am Death and I'll complete every task I've been given.

(Inspired by Book Thief)

No comments:

Post a Comment