Friday, May 17, 2019

Mere Shabd

I jumped into a word with a tape at hand,
At freefall, not knowing where I would land.

Words are shrewd, they threw me out,
And that's how the depth I never found.

Every tool I have used and none of any use,
To reach the bottom, I need a few clues.

It then dawned upon me, words are inherently shallow,
It's their meanings that I'll need to now follow.

And that's how I reached the depth of these words,
Depth where a new world beckons and i may be home.

Why then does any language matter,
Let's transcend into a phase juxtaposing letters.

Tu na kal si na tu ajj hai, eh bol teh naal ne,
Gheriyan ne, inha nu samajh javange ge.

Inhi main ek naya nazarya milega,
Ab dhoondenge woh jiski kalpana kabhi nahi ki.

Yeh bol ghere toh hain, but they aren't closing in on me,
Surrounding myself with these words, my memories have stopped choking me.

1 comment: