Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Affliction


Sailing with the wind feeling the breeze on my face,
Life as it seemed like a fairy tale.
The chirping of birds in a golden sky
Just out of a mosaic they came alive.
With the serenity around and birds flocking the sky, 
Makes me want to metamorphosise into a birds flight.
But just like a prey being stalked by a predator,
I struck the ground by a single blow, right away.
Put in a trunk with my hands and legs fettered,
Feeling claustrophobic, not a word I could stutter.
All i could think of was my family at that time,
How'd they react when thier daughter they wouldnt find.
I was confined to a room for nearly a week or so,
With people viewing Me as a specimen, for skin show.
I was taken in a van with 3 other  women,
Both of them were young but i was the only virgin.
I would be a slave to a barbarian who would exploit me till death.
Where he'd come and voilate me without my consent, I was said.
My heart seemed to have sank in an abyss of gloom,
Till i was informed that one of the women was married and had a son.
Crammed in a truck after crossing over the border,
Halted our truck for us to ease in a corner.
Resting on a rock when i heard a screech,
The cars on highway Halted with red splattered across all windscreens.

I was taken in d night, to my masters room,
Having bid in millions, to prick the balloon.
I was made to lie on d bed and denuded
Depriving me of the freedom to choose who I wanted.
I sobbed for days and weeks together,
Because every night I was made to suffer.
He was a beast and i was his slave,
Who used a women's life and dignity to put food on his family's plate.
Women were his assets and men his clients,
Renting us away, paying no heed to the voice's of the dying.

We were rescued after a government raid,
But it was when everything was already too late.
Life had taken a turn towards the hallows,
With every step, death I followed.
I decided to put this affliction to rest
Before being ostracized or politely being shunned.
From a precipice I took a leap of faith,
Metamorphosing into a bird, a path to Utopia, this time I set.

No comments:

Post a Comment